Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Grab Declan’s new book – The Millennial Way here.
Declan Wilson is a Millennial author and blogger. During the day, he is a supply chain analyst but his true passion is to become self-employed so at night, he authors his blog, A Milliennial Type. His blog documents in his journey from the 9-to-5 to self-employment and from leading an ordinary life to an extraordinary one.
In this episode, Declan speaks to the millennial essence of wanting financial freedom and autonomy with our careers and addresses the various emotions and decisions we must go through while on this journey.
What We Discuss in this Episode:
- How to escape the cubicle life
- Is it possible to have the best of both worlds: being self-employed and still raking in the big bucks?
- Is it ever too late to follow your dreams and go for your dream job?
- Step Up, Step Out, and Step Forward
- Step Up: accept and give yourself permission to dream again. Realize that your dream isn’t crazy, no matter how old you are
- Step Out: take that dream out into the world and proclaim what you want to do.
- Step Forward: keep going forward with your dream until one day you end up achieving it.
- Although saying “pursue your passions” is idealistic, you should understand that there’s more to it. There are certain skills that are still necessary.
- What “friction” exists when you’re pursuing your dreams and how to manage it
Give to Get:
- Check out Declan’s blog – A Millennial Type
- If anyone is at a stage in their lives that they’re not sure what to do and need opportunities, reach out to Declan. He is involved in a project that might be able to help you.
Thanks for Checking Out the Show Notes and for Listening!
I really hope you enjoyed this episode. It was certainly a great experience for me.
If you feel like you just can’t keep the excitement you feel for this episode to yourself, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please don’t forget to subscribe to the GWL Podcast in iTunes or in Stitcher Radio. That way, every time I prepare a new episode for you, it’ll automatically show up in your phone. No Fear Of Missing Out here.
Once last thing: I would truly appreciate it if you could leave an honest review for The Gen Why Lawyer Podcast in iTunes. Positive ratings and reviews help boost the visibility of the show and help me in reaching more young lawyers.