Get your free copy of The Gen Why Lawyer’s “7 Ways to Shake Things Up as a Young Lawyer” here.
Rob Schenk has created a name for himself as the go-to attorney for wedding industry professionals. Along with a thriving personal injury practice, Rob maintains a successful wedding industry blog. In this episode, Rob shares his tips to figuring out your niche practice area, finding your ideal client, and making a name for yourself in this profession.
Highlights from the Episode:
- Why your first attempt at solo practice might not be successful and how you can bounce back and try again
- As a new lawyer, perhaps trying to handle whatever matter walks through the door isn’t the wisest decision
- Is it a good idea to focus your blog on a subject that isn’t your main practice area?
- How speaking engagements can help you grow your practice
- Why Rob decided to start his blog and how he’s growing it
- The most important factor to creating a viral blog post
- Is it worth exploring different avenues of income producing activities services? Rob thinks so!
- The 2 fears Rob had when he first started practicing law
Six Harsh Truths That Will Make You a Better Person – David Wong
Try to find your ideal client type within your area and find out where they go for advice, which orgs they belong to, what they need help with.