Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
We’re talking about money! It’s important to be educated and informed about how best to save, spend, pay off debt, and of course, play with your money.
Joining us today to chat about money is Sophia Bera, founder of Gen Y Planning. As a certified financial planner, Sophia provides affordable financial planning to our generation, Millennials. She is not your father’s financial planner.
What we chat about:
- Why Millennials should care about their money
- What is a 401k and how do you “match” it to save the most amount of money?
- Should you be paying off your student loans first or saving?
- What your options are for paying off your Federal student loans
- What questions to ask when shopping around for a financial planner
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to use some of your money to have fun and how you can plan for the trips you want to take
- How to build basic financial security
Refinancing your student loans:
Choosing a financial advisor:
NAPFA – National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
XY Planning Network
Sophia’s Book: What You Should Have Learned About Money But Never Did
If you want to become a client of Sophia’s: www.genyplanning.com/apply