Leaving the law to launch a nonprofit is not easy. That’s precisely what today’s guest, Mariam Morshedi, did when she saw there was a need for simplified law. Mariam left her legal position at AARP to launch Subscript Law. Subscript is a committed to enhancing the legal and political decision-making of Americans. She accomplishes this by breaking down legal concepts, Supreme Court cases, and government functions into visual explainers.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How she channeled her interest in philosophy and anthropology into her legal nonprofit
- What inspired her to launch her nonprofit
- Why she believes that the public has a right to not only know the law but understand it as well
- How she decided that visual graphics were the best way to present information
- Her steps in assembling her board and team at the nonprofit
- How to find the right marketing channels for your business when marketing isn’t your strength
- Why she chose a non-profit as opposed to other types of organization
- Why it’s important to prepare yourself financially if you’re going to launch a non-profit
This episode is brought to you by MM.LaFleur, a women’s workwear brand whose mission is to take the work out of dressing for work. Be sure to visit their website to experience their Bento Box service. Also, if you use the code GENWHY, 10% of the profits from any purchases made using the code will be donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Thanks for Checking Out the Show Notes and for Listening!
I really hope you enjoyed this episode. I would really appreciate it if you shared this episode with a friend who could benefit from listening to this particular episode.
Also, please don’t forget to subscribe to the GWL Podcast in Apple Podcasts or in Stitcher Radio. That way, every time I prepare a new episode for you, it’ll automatically show up in your phone.